maandag 9 september 2013

Things I Use

Hello,

I thought it would be nice to know what kind of stuff I use for my fish.

So that's why I desided to post a blog about it !


So this is my overall tank.


On both sides you'll find my 2 jebao 304 filters



Next to my filter you can see my transport container.
I believe it's like 15 liters.


In the top drawer you'll find mostly food.
There's also some filterwool, a filter pip I use during the waterchange,
a pincet for my plants, a syringe for my water test set, a ruler to measure my fish
and some suckers I'm not using yet.




The Hikari food I use, 500g Hikari Gold, 500g Hikari Staple and 250 Hikari Baby Staple.
Because it's floating food, I use a small container to soak it in.
Than I crush it a bit against the edge so it will sink.
I want the food to sink so I can stimulate the nature behavior of the fish.



Other food I'm using at the moment is JBL tablets and fries dried shrimp. 
I'm waiting for my Repashy gelfood to ship in from Amerika and I asked a LFS if they can order some Hikari frozen food for me, 'cause they don't sell the frozen food of that brand here in The Netherlands.


These pots you see in my drawer are for keeping the food well



The filterwool I sometimes use for cleaning my window pane of for in my filter.
The pincet is for planting my plants, because the tank is so big I can't always plant my plants well.


In the second drawer there is a lot of junk I got from my father.
He also had a fishtank a few years ago, he gave me everything he still had.
You can see a small filter, some filtermaterial and a thermometer

In the 3rd drawer you will find all my test material and things I need for my plants and stuff.




These are for testing the water, the strips I don't use anymore but my sister does.
My last measures were:
PH: 8
GH: 7
NH³: 0
NO²: 0
NO³: 0,5



These are nutrition for my plants,
the first one is fluid and the second one are tablets.



These two are filter bacteria, I sometimes put them in after a waterchange.



This is my bottum cleaner, as you can see it has a peat in it so I can easily clean in the corners of the tank.
I still need to buy a hose that goes one it, cause the one it came in with was filthy.






These are some more tools I use, a net to protect the fish from getting sucked to the filterpipe during a waterchange. soms more suckers, pieces filter pipe, and a small syringe.










Other things I use are steps with a towel on it.
 3 safety nets, the small ones I use for catching plants in my tank and the big one I sometimes use for catching my fish, but I don't like using the net for that.
I have 2 buckets, one 12L and one 10L
I have 2 hoses, one 15M and one 5M, the big one is for the waterchanges and the small one for cleaning the bottum of the tank.
I have a filter basket on my hose to protect the fish from getting sucking against it and one the other side there's this connection that allows me to click it on the crane.


This is my quarantine tank, I'm not using it at the moment, I want to buy an airstone for it and than use it when I get my new fish.
But I don't have a filter for it either, so I'm not sure if I should get one.


This is my fan, I can turn it on when it's hot outside, so my water temp. will be stable.


and at last I recently bought this IP-camera, so I can watch my fish everywhere I want.

I hope you'd like everything !




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten