maandag 16 september 2013

I'm getting Apple snails ^^

Today I bought some Sepia, it's a bone from an octopus. 
I bought is because my KH levels were dropping because of the pond snails in my tank.
But when your KH or PH levels drop, the cochlea of the snail will get damaged and get holes in it.

I want to get some Appelsnails for in my tank, so I wanted to raise the calcium levels in the water. 
The snails need that for the growth of their cochlea.

This is what Sepia looks like


I broke a little piece off of it and put it in my tank.
First its floading but a couple of hours later it sank to the bottum of the tank.
The snails can scrape the calcic off of it and use it for their cochlea.







This is my pond snail.
I called him Sjaakie which sounds funny in Dutch, he's the only pond snail I keep seeing frequently
Sometimes Boeddha tries to eat him, but than he spits him out again.
As you can see his cochlea looks a bit weird, 
I don't know if it's because of the low KH levels or just because he's growing.

I want the Apple snails to be a little bit bigger, so I'm sure they won't get eaten.
I'm going to get me some new Fancy Goldfish in about 3 weeks.
And if I take some bigger snails I won't have to worrie about the new goldfish trying to eat hem as well !


This is what an Applesnail looks like!




I love watching them eat, with their funny mouth.
Here's a vid that Solid Gold made, I'm a huge fan of her.




The colours I'm going to get are Pearl white and Pink.
Here are some photo's of the colours I'm going to get.




For some more information about the Apple snails you can visit this site;



The owner of the Appel snails just send me some photo's of the snails I'm going to get!
They look so cute, can't wait !








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten