maandag 23 september 2013

Got my Apple snails!

Like 2 days ago I got my Apple snails, they are doing great!
They really look funny and they are so nice to watch!
I have like 9 of them, 3 big ones, 2 pearl white and 1 pink and I've got 6 little ones, 3 pearl white and 3 pink.
They are really cute!

I took them home in my transport tank, it's like a 2.7 gallon.
I've got this little transport box so I can move my fish when they are sick or something.
Or when I'm getting new things!

Here they are in my transport tank:






As you can see there is not a lot of water in it, because the snails don't need all that water for transport.
But when my fancy goldfish are full grown, they defenitly will need that big of a tank to transport them in!

The first thing I did was poor in the same amount of water from my main tank, as the amount that was already in the transport box.
I did this because the water measurements were a bit different then the once they were used too.
I let them sit in it for like 5 to 10 minutes and then I'd put them on the top of my tank.

First I'd feed the fish, so they won't start trying to eat the snails right away!
'cause they do try to eat Sjaakie often, but then Boeddha spits him out again.
So first I'd put in one of the big snails to see how they would react, and Boeddha was taking a look at the snail right away.
So I decided to put in the smaller ones near by the ship, because Boeddha doesn't come there often.

The woman I got them from told me that it can take about 3 days before they start moving, because they're not used to ship to another tank. But surprisingly they almost started moving right away!
It was really cute to see them look for food and then eat from my glass wall!












As you can see the cochlea of some snails are a bit damaged, that's because of the low PH and GH they were in, they were in these measurements: PH 7 / KH 5 / GH 7.
And now I have them in PH 8/ KH 4/ GH 8 so I hope there cochlea will get well!

At the time they are doing great, they are moving a lot through my tank and they are cleaning a lot of algea!
I also got some tablets to feed them and sometimes I will throw in some cumcumber.
Make sure you put a teaspoon in it so it will sink to the bottum of the tank!
The small ones will probably grow out to be big ones in a while and I want to let grow some baby snails out of them one time. They can grow out to 2 inch or so!

They will get about 2 years and then they will die and then you need to take them out of your tank so they won't start to rot in your tank, otherwise your water values will get bad.
I will keep you guys up to date!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten